Sunday 2 January 2011

Good riddance to December, hello shiny new January

2010 was a great year in many ways, bringing a wee baby into the world has been an amazing (and tiring!) experience. I am glad to see January though as December was pretty grim - the weather was wearing, and, like a lot of people I know, I was struck down with the lurgie. Baby Alexander had it, and Joe had it too. Then I got it again. Some days, both Joe and I got puked on just about hourly. Urg.

This led to major disorganisation, and I didn't even get my Christmas cards posted until the last posting date; I suspect I missed some people, so apologies if you didn't receive one. I like to hand-write the card and envelope for all my cards (including to constituents and organisations in my ward) as I feel it's more personal, but I was couldn't make it into work to find my list from last year and had to start from scratch! I did make a new spreadsheet as I worked, so next year should be easier.

Anyhow, the point of this post is to apologise for the lack of posting, to wish everyone a happy, prosperous and productive 2011, and to reflect on a year where life as normal got turned on it's head, but I survived. Just about.

No comments: