Tuesday 3 August 2010

He will be missed!


I popped into the City Chambers last Thursday to attend the retirement do for Steve Inch, Director of Development and Regeneration Services.

Steve has served in Glasgow longer than I've been alive, and his leaving do was a fitting tribute - as you can see from the photo, many people came to see him off.

Since I came into the Council, I've been hugely impressed with Steve's warmth, professionalism, and deep knowledge of everything going on in the city. I really enjoyed the occasions where I got to meet with him; he was generous with his time, and you always went away knowing more, feeling that your opinions had been listened to and your questions answered.

I understand that Steve will now be able to dedicate more time to his family, but will also be getting more involved in the projects he feels are important to him and to Glasgow. His retirement doesn't mean he won't be busy, but I will certainly miss having the benefit of his advice in the Council.

No comments: